Role: Network Engineer
Role Description: The Network Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing secure business networks. Also responsible for troubleshooting issues as they arise, completing tickets in a timely manner and documenting all activity within each ticket. A Network Engineer will report directly to the President of Network Services to coordinate and manage implementations. Network Engineers are dispatch-able resources meaning they will be required to travel and visit client locations. Communicating effectively to internal and external resources to support TBG client base is a top priority for the Network Engineer, as well as ensuring SLAs are met. Network Engineers are accountable for seamless Networking Management processes and customer satisfaction.
- Deliver Perfection - We are EXCEPTIONAL professionals. Whether working with the customer, or internal stakeholders, always strive to deliver a superior experience.
- Know Your Trade - Become the expert in your position. Job knowledge is key to your success
- Be Team Player & Harness the Power of Many - Being a team player requires transparency, authenticity, generosity, and empathy.
- Respect Others & Be True To Yourself - Self-confidence and respect for others require transparency, authenticity, and empathy. Silence, shaming and passive-aggressive communication kill trust and creativity. Deal constructively with failures and mistakes (yours and others); Address conflict directly and privately to resolve issues in a timely and tactful fashion; Be assertive, but ask questions before rushing to judgment; Show gratitude when you receive both positive and negative feedback.
- Create Happiness - Work is hard. You’ve got to have FUN to create happiness. Do your best to maintain a consistently positive attitude, even in challenging situations and look for opportunities to celebrate big and small wins.
Expectations & Key Competencies:
- 3 years of minimum experience in Network Design and Support (TCPIP/OSPF/VLAN)
- 3 years minimum experience in Wireless Network Design and Installation
- Experience with HPE Switches and Aruba Wireless is preferred
- Self-motivated and welcomes a challenge
- Willingness and ability to work off-hours, evenings and weekends
- Regular updates and proactive communication
- Organized & Knowledgeable
- Passionate, dedicated and hardworking
- Maintain accurate inventory of client equipment, usernames, and passwords
- Work effectively with peers
- Maintain all activity within AutoTask (ticketing system & CRM)
- Ensures all tickets are addressed in a timely manner and meet SLAs.
- Track hours to tickets and complete and submit timesheets weekly
- A customer advocate who focuses on an amazing customer experience
- Self-motivated, proactive, solution-oriented, and self-accountable
- Works well under pressure
- Attention to detail and process while remaining innovative, creative, and forward-thinking
- Focused on learning, professional growth and development
FCRA Background Check Disclosure: It is the hiring policy of The Brookfield Group, LLC to conduct a full background check as a condition of employment.