The number one goal of everyone in our team is to make our clients exceptionally happy. The Support Analyst plays an important role in making sure that happens.
The Support Analyst handles the first level support requests that come in from our clients. They are the first to touch a support ticket and make sure that the issue is handled quickly and the client is informed of what to expect every step of the way.
The Support Analyst will join the Technical Support Center (TSC) team and receive hands-on experience with a wide array of technologies including but not limited to Windows, Office 365, Linux, Networking, Virtualization, and Data Protection/Recovery. TSC team members also receive opportunities for certification material and exam reimbursement as part of their role.
When help is needed the Support Analyst can get help from or escalate issues to other members of the Technical Service Center (TSC) .
If you are looking for the opportunity to obtain valuable experience and training in a position that challenges you to utilize your knowledge and skills, then this role may be ideal for you.
About the Company
The Brookfield Group has been in the technology solutions business for over 30 years. TBG provides consultation and technical support primarily to the small to mid-size business market where we strive to find the right solution to meet every client’s needs. The Brookfield Group specializes in IT support (on-site and off-site), managed services, development services, and private and shared cloud services.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- First point of contact for customers through our TSC, be that via phone, email or ticket
- Delight our clients with a friendly, quick and helpful experience
- Provide the client with basic remote troubleshooting
- Remain professional and patient always when working with clients
- Travel to client facilities using for on-site support
Use of Our Ticketing System
- Use our ticketing system to work on and resolve support tickets and service requests
- Managing and recording all work through our ticketing system
- Make sure that client documentation is well maintained
- Split tickets that have serval issues into their own individual ticket
- Make sure that tickets are not "stale" throughout the process
Use of Our Monitoring and Management Tool
- Review RMM dashboard and apply remediation actions as indicated by our processes
- Review regularly scheduled/automated actions as indicated by our processes
- From time to time the projects team will need additional resources to help deliver projects either on-site or remotely. When opportunities arise, the Support Analyst may be required to help with project delivery.
Communication, Reporting and Risk
- Escalate tickets that require higher level support
- Communicate to the client the status of their ticket every step of the way, notify them of any changes or outages related to their issue
- Submit timesheets and expense reports as indicated by our processes
- Identify, Communicate and Mitigate potenial risks to the Director of Techinical Services and clients
- Follow the schedule provided by the Director of Technical Services
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for daily/weekly recurring tasks
- Follow all our security procedures and keep a vigilant eye out for security issues
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Contribute to the process of innovative change effectively
- Undertake other duties as required by the Director of Technical Services
Skills and Attributes
- A love of (and ability to) solve problems & challenges
- Great communications skills, founded in being a good listener
- An understanding of support tools, techniques and how technology is used to provide services
- Strong understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems and network systems
- Must be able to type quickly and accurately while talking on the phone
- A deep desire to deliver an amazing client experience
- Knowledge of IT applications, software & hardware
- The ability to keep up with & adapt to the fast-paced IT world
Nice to Have
- Experience using a ticketing system / RMM tool and PSA software
- Experience providing support via remote tools
- Experience handling technical support tickets
- Experience and knowledge of working with the Microsoft 365 Platform
- Professional IT Certifications such as Microsoft MCP, MCSA or MCSE, ITIL, ITSM, A+, Network+, CCNA etc.
- Experience working either on a helpdesk or for a Managed Service Provider (MSP)/IT Support Business.
- Associates Degree or higher in a related IT field
- Sitting in a stationary/seated position for extended periods of time
- Walking in and around customer facilities for extended periods of time
- Lifting heavyweight items such as computers, servers, network gear, and similar items with some frequency
- Climbing, kneeling, crouching, and crawling in/out of small and large, enclosed spaces to access/move/install computer equipment
- Paid Time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits are offered
- An easy-going environment and culture (we all enjoy what we do)
- A high-powered laptop
- A proactive approach to ongoing training to help you develop life-long skills and knowledge
We value the growth of our employees and is dedicated to helping them develop their skills. We will cover the up-front costs for obtaining relevant certifications such as CompTIA A+/Network+/Security+, Microsoft, Aruba, VMware and others. For someone looking to progress their role, the Support Analyst naturally leads into roles such as: the Technician, Engineer, Solutions Architect, Account Manager, Virtual CIO.
FCRA Background Check Disclosure: It is the hiring policy of The Brookfield Group, LLC to conduct a full background check as a condition of employment.