Job Title: Business Development Representative
Department: Client Success
Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisor: VP of Client Success
Business Development Representative: responsible for selling technology-based solutions, developing and maintaining customer relations, understanding customer business environments, identifying customer business objectives or problems, creating a solution with technology and developing a plan to sell the technology solution to the customer.
Hiring for this position is subject to the successful completion of a background check.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all sales activities in assigned accounts and achieves established sales targets.
- Selling of technology-based solutions to solve business and/or solution segment problems.
- Drives customer engagements proactively.
- Ability to manage and drive a multi-month sales cycle.
- Develops a list of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from own professional network, OEM partners, trade shows, social media websites, business directories, and other sources.
- Develops robust ongoing pipeline of business opportunities at a quantifiable level of monthly quota expectation.
- Establishes and maintains current customer and potential customer relationships.
- Gains clear understanding of customer business requirements.
- Educates Customers of full portfolio of solutions offered by The Brookfield Group.
- Prepares presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Ability to present solutions to customer executives and decision makers.
- Provide forecast updates on current opportunities and update CRM software on a weekly basis.
- Build a sales plan to meet monthly and annual gross profit targets.
- Prepare quotes using CRM software and the processing of resulting orders. Main activities include vendor follow up, tracking, and expediting through invoicing to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Ability to travel locally as required for client calls, up to 75% of the time.
- 5+ years of progressive experience within the fields of outside sales, selling voice, information technology products and professional services/managed services.
- Minimum 3 years required knowledge of enterprise voice systems, IT infrastructure (servers, storage, networking, software) and cloud & hybrid cloud platforms.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates strong analytical and critical thinking skills required for reporting, problem solving and analysis.
- Ability to leverage trust within an organization, to drive the adoption of process and plans.
- Ability to organize a large amount of information into actionable plans and solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all audiences, internally and externally.
- Results-oriented and able to manage multiple processes and activities simultaneously.
- Fundamental understanding of consultative, solutions sales process for dedicated, managed, cloud, and hybrid solutions.
- Strong technical and customer relationship building.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding oral, written, technical and business communications skill set.
- High integrity with advanced social skills and ability to make solid connections.
- Strong desire to grow and continuously improve performance.
- Competitive individual contributor who also works well in a team.
- Ability to build rapport with others.
- Highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities.
- Clean, safe driving record.
This position will take place remotely from your place of residence.
The Brookfield Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
The Brookfield Group reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and employees.
The Brookfield Group also provides a work environment in which each employee can be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with the mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.