The Business Development Manager is responsible for increasing our client base. The BDR will identify, qualify, and close new clients. Applicants must be comfortable in lead generation, prospecting, cold calling, closing sales, and business networking.
The ideal candidate should reside in close proximity to Olympia, WA, and exhibit a strong familiarity with the surrounding regions. It is mandatory to operate from the business office in Olympia, except when engaging in face-to-face interactions with clients during prospecting or meetings. Occasional remote work arrangements may also be feasible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all sales activities by developing a list of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on your professional network, OEM partners, trade shows, social media, websites, business directories, cold calling, and other sources.
- Identifying, qualifying, and securing business opportunities
- Developing customized, targeted sales strategies
- Document accurately and consistently all sales activities throughout the sales cycle
- Main activities include quoting, requesting vendor pricing, quote follow-up and negotiation, closing the opportunity, follow-up to ensure a positive customer experience
- Accurately forecast sales pipeline and update CRM software on a weekly basis
- Create and sell technology-based solutions
- Gain and maintain a deep and thorough understanding of solutions offered by The Brookfield Group
- Gain and maintain a deep and thorough understanding of customer business requirements
- Educate customers on the full portfolio of solutions offered by The Brookfield Group
- Coordinate necessary resources to assist in sales process
- Manage and drive a multi-month sales cycle
- Establish and maintain current/new customer relationships
- Remain involved with client transition/on-boarding for initial 90-180 days
- Attend meetings as required
- Submit expenses according to policy
- Prepare presentations, proposals, and sales contracts
- Ability to effectively communicate with client influencers, decision makers, and executives
- Combined office/remote based position with an ability to travel locally as required for client calls, up to 75% of the time
- Keep current with industry news, technologies, and developments
- Develop and mentor current/future Business Development Representatives
- 5+ years of progressive outside sales experience including VoIP services, networking, information technology products and professional/managed IT services.
- Minimum 3 years required knowledge of enterprise voice systems, IT infrastructure (servers, storage, networking, software) and cloud platforms.
- Experience with lead generation and prospect management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and critical thinking skills required for reporting, problem solving and analysis.
- Ability to leverage trust within an organization, to drive the adoption of process and plans.
- Ability to organize a large amount of information into actionable plans and solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all audiences, internally and externally.
- Results-oriented and able to manage multiple processes and activities simultaneously.
- Exceptional understanding of consultative, solutions sales process for dedicated, managed, and cloud solutions.
- Strong technical and customer relationship building.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with minimal supervision.
- High integrity with advanced social skills and ability to make solid connections.
- Competitive individual contributor who also works well in a team.
- Clean, safe driving record.
The Business Development Manager is a Full-Time position. Performance requires that established quotas and metrics are met or exceeded. Compensation is salary plus commission.
The Brookfield Group allows for and may require a combination of in office, client-site based, and remote work environment. The Business Development Manager role will require and allow for flexibility in all three venues.
The Brookfield Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
The Brookfield Group reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and employees.
The Brookfield Group also provides a work environment in which each employee can be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with the mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.